Winter meetings week ... one more time ...
● Richard Durrett has a preview of things for us to look for this week. Do you like how I get more and more lazy with these article teasers every time I do one of these posts? Did you like it?
● Jon Paul Morosi says that Josh Hamilton is about to get paid and make it rain hard. T.R. Sullivan has a column on Hamilton's market. I think we're officially reaching the point of tiredhead where most articles are saying basically the same thing, that being "well Josh Hamilton is going to sign somewhere eventually, right, and HERE ARE SOME PLACES HE COULD END UP GOING HEY VANNA TELL JOSH ABOUT SOME OF THESE FABULOUS DESTINATIONS JOSH COULD BE ENJOYING NEXT YEAR"
● The FWST has various news and notes concerning Josh Hamilton and his wife ending up on the same plane with Jon Daniels on the way to Nashville, Jurickson Profar being sent home from the DWL with right forearm inflammation (not believed to be serious, but he'll be checked out all the same), and the Rangers' interest in Japanese free-agent infielder Kensuke Tanaka.
● Buster Olney said in his winter meetings preview yesterday that if he were Jon Daniels, he'd go all out for Zack Greinke.
● Jayson Stark says in his winter meetings preview that an increasing number of people within the game believe Josh Hamilton will return to the Rangers, with one anonymous AL executive predicting that he'll re-sign with Texas for four years and $100 million.
● Quick, someone, ASK ME ABOUT EV/EBITDA RATIOS I DARE YOU
What if the winter meetings are an elaborate sham distracting us from the annual meeting of the Illuminati? Have you ever thought about it?— Joey Matches (@BBTiA) December 3, 2012