1. Neftali Feliz apparently wasn't available during the climactic ninth inning of yesterday's game because, according to Ron Washington, Feliz was feeling "cranky," and the team decided to stay away from him, instead opting for Darren Oliver in a high-leverage situation with bad results; meanwhile, Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram suggests that Feliz needs to learn the difference between "nurturing his arm and coddling it." Are you bothered by the way this all went down and does LeBreton bring up a good point, or is this a mere blip on the radar not worthy of much attention?
2. With the lineup (and, in particular, the outfield) still ravaged by injuries and Endy Chavez now in the fold, I have to ask -- what is your new preferred everyday lineup while the Rangers remain on the mend?
3. Yorvit Torrealba (.220/.241/.349; .260 wOBA; 2.7 percent walk rate) is currently on pace to set new career highs in games played (129) and plate appearances (469); unfortunately, he's also among the worst-hitting catchers in baseball right now, with only the Mariners' Miguel Olivo and the Mets' Josh Thole having posted worse wOBAs than Torrealba to this point.
Question courtesy of Don Berry: "Where is the next catcher coming from to spell Torrealba ... or is there confidence that the current catcher mix (Torrealba, Teagarden, and Napoli) can cover the number of games/innings for the full season?"
4. Go with your gut on this one, and be particularly mindful of the fact that there are no right or wrong answers here: Do you legitimately feel that Alexi Ogando will still be in the starting rotation come August 1st? Or is it your feeling that injuries, regression, and/or improved starting pitching depth by that point will bring about a role change?
5. And now, yet again, time for something a little different: You're once again being involuntarily stranded on a desert island for six months, only this time you'll be equipped with an iPod loaded with five albums of your choice. Which ones are you taking with you?