1. According to Peter Gammons (via MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan), Texas attempted to acquire Matt Garza by using Derek Holland, Frank Francisco, Engel Beltre, and Cubs catcher Robinson Chirinos -- who would have been acquired in a separate deal, and then flipped to Tampa Bay -- before the Rays opted for Chicago's offer, comprising top pitching prospect Chris Archer; per one source, the Rangers would have acquired Garza if not for the Cubs' inclusion of Archer. Assuming this report is indeed true, how would you have reacted if Texas had pulled off the deal?
2. Take a stab at predicting Adrian Beltre's AVG/OBP/SLG/HR for the Rangers in 2011, along with -- if you're comfortable with doing so -- your personal expectation for the number of wins above replacement he'll post.
3. Per Richie Whitt, three of the names on the Rangers' wish list to succeed Josh Lewin are Scott Franzke (former pre-game and post-game radio host on KRLD), Brian Anderson (current Brewers play-by-play man and broadcaster for TBS's nationally televised Sunday afternoon games), and Mike Capps (current Round Rock Express play-by-play man and former WFAA sports director), the final of whom he pegs as the favorite in the race. Care to lay any bets on which of the three -- if any -- will grab the spot?
4. With Beltre now in the fold, what's your preferred Opening Day lineup?
5. Is there anything whatsoever to the notion floated on the Hardline last week that Rafael Palmeiro could garner sufficient support for election to the Hall of Fame -- or, at the very least, enough support to keep his name on the ballot -- if he were to simply come clean with the truth and apologize?