1. Did the Cliff Lee trade (unfairly?) elevate expectations around the Rangers to such a degree that some coaching heads -- including, most notably, Ron Washington, whose contract expires after this season -- will roll if the Rangers fail to reach the playoffs? Or has this year's success bought everyone some extra leash, regardless of how the pennant race turns out? [Please keep any and all discussion of this topic civil, and remain cognizant of the commenting guidelines. Thanks.]
2. A two-part question (courtesy of "TS"): (a) Did the Rangers push Justin Smoak too fast, and (b) would the general fan sentiment on the Lee-for-Smoak trade be decidedly more negative if Smoak had been hitting around, say, .250/.350/.450 at the time he was traded?
3. Following up on SI.com's league-wide player poll (in which the Yankees' Joba Chamberlain was deemedthe most overrated player in baseball), who do you believe is baseball's most overrated player?
4. Hypothetical situation: Bengie Molina logs 65-70 percent of the playing time behind the plate throughout the remainder of the regular season and hits approximately .270/.310/.420 (his ZiPS rest-of-season projection), securing Type 'A' free agent status at the end of the season. Do you offer arbitration to Molina after the season, knowing that (a) he'd likely command at least $3-4 million in 2011, (b) would likely accept, and (c) the Rangers' catching situation is still quite unstable in the longer-term scope of things?
5. Peer into your crystal ball and take a stab at this question: "Two years from today, we'll look at Chris Davis and think, "_______________."