1. With the Rangers' starting pitching depth reduced to virtually nil by recent events, is the Rangers' most urgent need now the acquisition of more starting pitching via the trade market?
2. Julio Borbon -- who has now swiped just eight bases in 14 attempts this year -- back in February: "[Baserunning coach Gary Pettis] ought to be disappointed if I don't get to 50 [steals]." Is it time for Ron Washington to pull in the reins on Borbon to some extent? And is it a bad idea for a player to become so fixated on stealing a high number of bases while making no mention of success rate?
3. If the Rangers find themselves in the heat of a pennant race come late July and fail to make a remotely significant move to bolster their chances (note: Kip Wells-esque and Matt Stairs-esque acquisitions don't fall under this heading), where do you think you're going to end up placing the blame? On Jon Daniels? On Tom Hicks? Or perhaps nobody at all?
4. With Brandon McCarthy yet again sidelined by shoulder issues, do you believe the Rangers have just about reached the point where they're going to non-tender him this winter? Or is the upside still great enough to override the abundance of injuries and escalating seven-digit salaries?
5. Peer into your crystal ball and finish this sentence however you see fit (perhaps after reviewing Jason Parks' excellent scouting report): "For the remainder of 2010 and into 2011, Alexi Ogando will __________."