1. What all-encompassing letter grade would you assign Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington based upon both his clubhouse impact and tactical ability (e.g. lineup construction, bullpen management, et al.)?
2. Are the last-week struggles of the Rangers' pitching staff attributable to fatigue (worrisome), random variance (unconcerning) or something more sinister?
3. Forget the "if" qualifier with respect to Chris Davis supplanting Hank Blalock at first base -- when is it going to happen? Moreover, why hasn't it happened yet?
4. Was the apparent $2-3 million chasm between Texas and first-round pick Matt Purke at the signing deadline indicative of an error in judgment on the part of the Rangers in selecting Purke in the first place?
5. Assuming that the Rangers were to prove successful in securing a post-season berth (the odds of which have plunged into sub-30 percent territory) and Ivan Rodriguez, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Taylor Teagarden were all healthy enough to handle the catching position, whom -- if anybody -- would you exclude from your hypothetical post-season roster?