What is your opinion of the A.J. Pierzynski signing?
MJH on accountability
My bet, the new mgr. comes around ASB, as the team falters up to mid-season.I wonder who Jon Daniels will hire as HIS new manager, to replace his foe Ron Washington?
I hear JD likes Mitch Williams
I heard JD is interviewing Bob costas and Bryant Gumbal.
Seriously guys Wash is not getting fired this season!
Don't be so damn sure. Daniels was in Wash's office daily screaming about playing the youth over M.Young, etc.Wash turned Daniels down almost every time. The yelling was easily heard through closed office door. Not COOL.
With Ryan gone, there's no one watching the back of Wash, except the players. Daniels? Not big in the clubhouse.It's a viable question. All I've got to say is: the players better play hard and win, so Wash will retain his creditability.If Ryan leaves with his job buffer, all the pressure is going to be transferred to Jon Daniels, but Wash takes the hit.
...but Ryan isn't going anywhere. Too much $$$ to lose over mere dignity.
The youth wasn't up till sept. and the race was too close... I guess you heard this daily screaming...Btw Profar hopefully will be great but he was 19 and hit .282 in AA ...several of our prospects have hit .340 in AA ...
This may be the single most asinine thing I've read on BBTiA by any poster, ever. You have absolutely no clue what happened behind closed doors last year, and it's irresponsible to suggest otherwise.
Did Hubz just get bitch slapped by Eric?
Now this is an interesting post. Without jumping to any conclusions, I'd like to request at least some context as to how it's possible that you might have heard anything coming through Ron Washington's office door.
JD doesn't strike me as the screaming type.
But some needed to tell Wash to pull his head out of his ass last year. So if he did good for him. I am sick of this whole Managers don't have to answer to anyone bs. He doesn't own the club when he does he can do what he wants until then if JD or Nolan want to tell him to not play a player and play another its fine with me. There is not a company in the world where a department head doesn't have to answer to his boss.
I used to go by the ballpark for my morning run and could continually hear the banshee screams of Jon Daniels yelling out. All I know is I continually heard "Ron" and "Face" in every yell. Pretty clear what was going on there. Funny thing was, after the yelling I would usually hear the patented Ron Washington laugh...not sure how it was so loud though.
Funny guys, very funny, but yes I was in the clubhouse many times. I'm not taking sides.I'd like this mess to end and get on with the business of baseball. Ryan has been a bigsupporter of Daniels. JD is top tier, as GM's go. Few will deny that truth, if so, they're notin the know and moronic.
Hubz, that was a fantasy when you were in the clubhouse.
I'm thinking about using my clubhouse authority to help the team and Nolan out.
We all know why Hubz was at the cluibhouse. [wink wink]
OooopZ!Yep, I guess I did get bitch slapped. I'll try to be more Fantasia-like and leave out the reality.I thought I'd bring-up a tidbit that many know, but obviously no one has heard about it in here.Ugh, so much for reality. Sorry I offended some. Wasn't my intent. Ranger Baseball is as a rose...
Hubz is apparently right about the daily Wash office screaming.
From CBS 11 The Fan Website Tuesday morning (note: three days ago, before the Purpura thing came up elsewhere). Link at bottom:
"New School’s Shan Shariff spoke with someone closely connected to the Rangers on Monday night and gathered some new info on the power struggle between Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels.
Here’s exactly what he was told — straight from the New School notepad:
* Jon Daniels isn’t forcing Nolan out, but he’s digging the holes. Remember the end of Casino when Joe Pesci had a hole in the desert waiting for him? If Ryan leaves, JD is breaking out the shovel for all of ”Nolan’s Guys.”
Here are some of the names on JD’s hit list:
- Jackie Moore (bench coach)- Tim Purpura (old Astros GM)- Harry Spilman (Minor league hitting coordinator)
* There is no doubt that Jon Daniels deserves credit for the baseball decisions in Arlington, but he isn’t capable of recruiting the quality of baseball people that Nolan has assembled. In other words, Mike Maddux works in Arlington because of The Godfather, not the wiz kid.
* Jon Daniels is NOT respected in the Rangers’ clubhouse. Players know he doesn’t have any mitts on the wall. Although it has produced success, JD’s analytical approach still doesn’t compare to Nolan’s Hall of Fame resume. Thad Levine is actually the guy that draws respect from players and coaches and has been called on to negotiate at least one contract that Daniels chose to ignore.
* Part of the reason for the JD disrespect is the DAILY, not weekly or monthly, but DAILY battles JD had with Ron Washington over the 2012 lineup. The managers office is very close to the locker room. I was told players consistently heard the arguments and were turned off by JD’s consistent interference and challenging of Wash. Yes, picture Billy Beane vs Art Howe in Moneyball.
* Here’s a perfect example how JD’s stats created eye rolls from the Rangers’ baseball people. Before the 2012 season, Rangers coaches BEGGED Daniels not to insert Neftali Feliz into the starting rotation. Work ethic, stamina and dedication were some of the many reasons given to JD as to why Nefti wasn’t capable of throwing 100 pitches every 5th day. JD didn’t listen, and Feliz didn’t last. Now I’m told Nefti looks “pregnant” in Surprise.
* The Rangers’ silence on Monday speaks volumes about this story. If the rumors weren’t true, all Nolan had to do was dismiss them. A press conference, media release, phone interview…SOMETHING to make the PR nightmare disappear. Obviously, it didn’t happen.
* Jon Daniels doesn’t miss an opportunity to remind ownership of his accomplishments, and he makes sure Nolan isn’t around to hear the bragging. JD isn’t pushing Nolan off the Ranger ledge, but he’s waiting with his shovel.
Mitts on the wall? Wtf? You're an idiot if you believe even half of that tripe.
This organization really needs Nolan and JD.We need checks and balances.
Why can't we extol the virtues of both these men.Why do we have to pick sides?Too much success around here lately?
wonderone--i can here the ring of truth in what you posted.
I can hear it--just can spell to good
Generally speaking...Not picking on anyone in particular...
Just because you don't have any connection or "inside" info on the Rangers, doesn't mean that nobody else does. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get access to the clubhouse.
I find it funny when someone criticizes another poster for basically jumping to conclusion or talking out of their ass...only to find out later that the original poster actually does have it right and they are the one's talking out of their ass.
It's one thing to ask for some proof, it's something else to straight up accuse someone of making shit up without knowing a damn thing about their situation yourself...it's kind of ironic.
JV--go ahead and call him out. If he's old enough to drink beer--which he reminds us--he's old enough to get ripped.
wonderone is right.
It's surprisingly easy to gain access to the clubhouse.
One time I let the guard know I was Ian Kinsler's gay escort for the night. I was told, we've been expecting you Mr. Mango, come right in.
And come right in I did.
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.