What is your opinion of the A.J. Pierzynski signing?
MJH on accountability
Buster Olney now says Ethier could be on the block. There's your matching salary for Young lol. I don't see why the Dodgers would suddenly be budget-conscious but I generally trust Olney on these things. The Rangers won't be interested in that contract though.
Gentry CF / MartinAndrus SSBeltre 3BCruz RFNapoli CKinsler / Murphy LFMoreland 1B / Olt 1BYoung DHProfar 2B
7th Inning Uehara / Ross8th Inning Adams / OgandoCloser Nathan
Gone: trade or don't sign I don't care - Holland, Hamilton, Soto, Feldman, Dempster, Kirkman, LoweGet: A better backup cather, long reliever, young talent to keep building the farm system
Why? Why do people keep offering a boatload of prospects PLUS Elvis for a slug of an outfielder with a poor attitude?
If we offered Leury Garcia for him, the D-Backs might kiss us on the mouth just to be rid of him. For sure they'd giggle and pee all over themselves if we offered a premier MIFer like Elvis.
Justin's attitude is bad. He thinks he should be treated like royalty and he thinks his numbers should continue to get better and better whether he works at it or not. If they don't, he's getting cheated by someone - probably the front office, coaches or the umpires - but someone has to be cheating him.
And, he's the good Upton...
...he'd fit right in with the Cowboys, though...
I don't see what's wrong with Melky Cabrera, he's 28 and has a decent bat, plays decent OF plus he's going to be cheap. He has a career .989 fielding % in CF. Maybe his name has been tarnished a tad, but he's a good option. I'd be looking into him.
Sign Melky 1 year/$7-9MTrade Andrus + MIL pieces for Upton and relieverSign Napoli 1 year/$13Trade MY's contract for a position on the coaching staff
2B-Ian KinslerSS-Jurickson ProfarCF-Melky Cabrera3B-Adrian BeltreRF-Justin UptonDH-Nelson CruzLF-David MurphyC-Mike Napoli1B-Mitch Moreland
That would work for me! I mean I can dream, can't I?
I wish the Rangers could get rid of Young (very,very, very difficult), Kinsler (very, very difficult), Feldman ($600k), and Hamilton (FA).
I wish the Rangers would sign Grienke ($$$$) who added to Darvish, and Harry made a nice top 3 playoff rotation, and resign Napoli, Uehra, and Adams.
Prepare Mike Olt to start the season as a corner outfielder and part-time 1B.
SS Andrus2B ProfarLF Murphy3B BeltreDH CrusRF Olt1B MorelandC Napoli/SotoCF Martin/Gentry
SPDarvishGrienkeHarrisonHollandGrimm Lewis (mid-season)
The more I read on other sites the more I think: 1. Hamilton will be a Brewer. 2. The Rangers will not sign Greinke 3. Ian Kinsler will be in the OF probably left, Murphy may move to right with Cruz as DH 4. The Rangers will trade for Romero or Lester 5. There is a good chance Martin will be the everyday CF by July and finally 6. The Rangers will sign McCarthy/Haren/Marcum one of those three. So the lineup, if all of that comes to pass would be:
1. Andrus - SS2. Martin/Gentry - CF3. Murphy/Cruz - RF4. Beltre - 3B5. Cruz/Young - DH6. Kinsler-LF7. Moreland/Olt-1B8. Arencibia/Soto - C9. Profar 2B
Rotation: Darvish, Harrison, Romero/Lester, Marcum/McCarthy/Haren, Perez/GrimmBP- Nathan, Uehara, Ross, Kirkman, Scheppers, Perez/Grimm, Ogando,
Assuming he is not traded Garcia will be on the bench as the UI.
I would give signing Melky a hard look, he could be very valuable. He will be cheap and could bring a little power and OBP..he could be a very good deal.
and like Eric said PLEASE stop with the Kinsler/Arencibia...I even saw a Kinsler+Perez for Arencibia..the guy is an avereage catcher. We didn't even give up that much to get Ryan Dempster. Arencibia would cost a low level pitching prospect and then another prospect just thrown in.
Some of you guys are really undervaluing Rangers, based on just one year(Kinsler)
Even if it is a little unrealistic:
1. SS Andrus 2. CF Martin 3. 2B Profar4. 3B Beltre5. DH Cruz6. LF Kinsler7. C McCann8. RF Murphy9. 1B Moreland
Move Kins to OFMove Nelly to predominantly DHBraves decline option on McCann, Rangers sign as FARon Wash inexplicably decides to rely on the young gunsMartin, Profar get inserted at top of lineup with AndrusMY is your UIOlt plays quite a bit at 1B & RF
Like I said, this is a big stretch of a lineup, but it is very cost-effective. In my humble opinion, I don't think the Rangers need to replace Hamilton's power. They just need to play smarter baseball and have better ABs. Hopefully Magadan helps a lot.
Rotation: Hernandez, Darvish, Lee, Harrison, Ogando/Perez
Lineup:1B: Ryan Howard/MY2B: Kinsler3B: Beltre/OltSS: ProfarRF: CruzCF: MartinLF: WillinghamC: Soto/PyrzenskiDH: Olt/BeltreUtil: MY
record breaking attendance, the rangers decide to open their wallets:
1. Trade Grimm, and Moreland to Phillies for Lee and Howard and some contract relief $$2. Trade Holland, Andrus, Murphy to Seattle for King Felix and Saunders3. Sign AJ Pryzenski4. Trade Saunders, Feliz, Gentry to Minny for Josh Willingham
Thats a man's team right there.
I don't have a full lineup but I do have some thoughts:
1. I don't see Kinsler going anywhere. I think we see an IF of Beltre, Profar, Kinsler and Moreland/Olt with Young as the UI.2. I would like to see an Andrus, Perez for Price trade. I don't think this club will be willing to spend the amount of money and commit the amount of years it will take to get Greinke.3. I would really love to see us get Arnaud from Toronto, but I don't think we would be willing to give up the peices they want and Arencibia is not a significant improvement over Napoli. I think we offer Napoli the qualifying offer and he accepts it. I think we will be our starting catcher in 2013. Not sure who the backup will be... someone cheap and goo defensively. (Soto at $5 mil is too much)4. I also think we try and pick up a good left handed MOTOB, but this is where I haven't really decided what I think the FO will do. It'll be interesting to see.5. Give Martin the chance to start at CF and platoon him with Gentry if need be.
Lineup:1. Martin/Gentry CF2. Profar SS3. Beltre 3B4. MOTOB DH/OF 5. Cruz DH/RF6. Kinsler 2B7. Napoli C/1B/DH8. Moreland 1B/OF9. Murphy LF
Rotation:1. Price2. Darvish3. Harrison4. Holland5. Feldman? Grimm?
1. Profar (2nd)2. Andrus (SS)3. Beltre (3B)4. Ortiz (DH)5. Upton (RF)6. Cabrera (LF)7. Napoli/d'Arnaud (C)8. Moreland (1B)9.Gentry/Martin (CF) platoon
Rotation1.) Grienke2.) Darvish3.) Harry4.) McCarthy5.) Holland
Sign: FA David Ortiz, FA Brandon McCarthy, FA Melky Cabrera, FA Zach GrienkeTender: Napoli, Hamilton (won't take obv)
Trade: Murphy, Kinsler, Buckel, lower level prospect to TOR for d'Arnaud Olt, Cruz, Garcia, Borbon, prospect to ARI for J. Upton
Adding Kinsler in that D'Arnaud deal makes it a joke, take out Kinsler and put in a high upside prospect...or get something more in return.
1. M. Bourn - CF2. E. Andrus - SS3. B. Posey - C 4. A. Beltre - 3B5. D. Ortiz - DH6. D. Murphy - LF7. N. Cruz - RF8. M. Olt/M. Moreland/M. Young/M. Napoli (Basically, anyone who's first initial is M!) - 1B9. J. Profar - 2B
Sign Bourn. Sign Ortiz. Trade Kinsler/Perez/Soto/Harrison/My-wife-and-child for Buster Posey.Sign Greinke.
Profar SSAndrus 3BHamilton LFBeltre 1BMcCann CButler DHKinsler 2BCruz RFMartin CF
BenchMurphy OFOlt 1B/3BGentry OFS Perez C
BullpenM Perez RossBroxtonMadsonSheppersNathanValverde
I'm presenting my realistic dream scenario for the offseason. It may put us slightly over budget, but nothing our ownership can't handle. As much as I hate Swisher, he's a battler and has an extremely high OBP. If you notice, my lineup is very OBP oriented with some serious pop scattered thoughout. The flexibility and options it provides make it pretty dynamic in my opinion too. Plus I keep Perez, Martin, and Olt for trade deadline moves and/or the future/current youth movement. My bullpen is of the lockdown material. (Don't bash the cash amounts, they could obviously increase a little bit and I would be OK with that)
LineupCF Gentry/MartinSS Andrus1B Swisher (FA Signing 4 years for $75 mil)3B BeltreDH Butler (Trade Holland and Grimm)RF KinslerC Napoli (Re-Sign 1 year for $13.3 mil)LF Murphy2B Profar
BenchOF MartinU-IF Olt (Kinsler/Profar would obviously take 2B/SS duties)C Soto
RotationDarvishGreinke (FA Signing 6 years for $130)HarrisonJ. Johnson (Trade Cruz, Moreland, Buckel, L. Garcia, cash for Johnson and Chisek)Ogando - Lewis Mid-Season and transition Ogando to BP role
BullpenNathanJ. Affeldt (FA Signing 3 years for $15 mil) - Lefty*Chisek (Traded for)Koji (Re-Sign 2 years for $9 mil)Ross - Lefty*ScheppersKirkman - Lefty* (Nefti hopefully replaces him Mid-Season)Perez or Vet FA (Would prefer Vet FA)
- Trade Young for anything.
These are my 3 unlikely dream trades: 1. Price (Trade Ogando, Olt, Martin, Perez, Sardinas)2. D'Arnaud (Trade Olt, Perez, Alfaro)3. Upton (Trade Olt, Perez, Murphy, Sardinas)
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.