What is your opinion of the A.J. Pierzynski signing?
MJH on accountability
the rangers seem to lose momentum when washington alters the lineup too much. today's veritable AAA lineup was disastrous. he also ignores his hitters' batting splits. does anyone else think he needs to stop changing the lineup so much?
Uh... you do know that Cruz is hurt, right? And you do know that Beltre is on the DL, right? And you do know that Elvis is hurt, and that Gentry is hurt, too, right?
I'll cut to the point - your assertion here - that the multiplicity of lineups is caused only by Ron Washington's "erratic," (and you think) unnecessary tinkering - is pretty lame. I'm sure if he had healthy players, Wash would have the same lefty and righty lineups out there 90% of the time (and the other 10% would be giving guys days off). If there's anything you should know about Wash after seeing him manage over the course of multiple years, it's this: he likes consistency, roles, and routine.
Today was on on obvious give up game. Ron was completely dependant on CJ having a typical 1-2 run game and hoping we'd squeak by with enough offense from MY, Napoli, and Hambone (although blue eye effects) to squeak this one by. unfortunately didnt quite work out that way.
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.