What is your opinion of the A.J. Pierzynski signing?
MJH on accountability
I want to see predictions with records for the AL West Division and 3 notiable stats/scenerios that are bound to happen...
Here are mine
Texas Rangers -- 91-71Los Angeles Angels -- 84-78Oakland A's -- 81-81Seatle Mariners -- 70-92
1.) Nelson Cruz will be AL League Leader in HR's2.) Derek Holland will start Game 1 in the ALDS for the Texas Rangers3.) Michael Young will rekindle his old form, hitting .325 with 26 HR's and 101 RBI
Lets see your thoughts... Be bold not status quo...
Oakland *** 90-72Texas *** 88-74LAA *** 87-75Seattle *** 68-94
1) Harrison\Hunter\Holland will combine for >38 L's this season2) Kinsler will hit exceed .290 with >20 HR3) Taylor Teagarden and Eric Hurley will be permanent fixtures on the 25 man ML roster before the ASB
Oakland - 85 - 77LAA - 82 - 80Texas 80 - 82Seattle 69 - 93
1) Our pitching staff combines for a 4.80 ERA.2) We score 850 runs.3) 13 different pitchers start games for us this year due to injuries and failure.
I hope I'm wrong.
Texas 88 - 74Oakland - 86 - 76LAA - 84 - 78Seattle 75 - 87
1. Webb becomes a solid #4.2. Lewis outperforms Wilson.3. Holland is replaced in the rotation.4. Cruz has a monster season while Hamilton has a more human season.5. Kinsler will do "just okay" at leading off and grumblings about his performance will arise.6. Mason Tobin will be average.
Oakland - 94 - 68Texas - 92 - 70LAA 86 - 76Seattle 66 - 96
1) We deal for Chris Carpenter at the deadline as CJ and Colby are our only two reliable starters2) Feliz is stretched out in mid relief and transtioned to a starter mid season as the back of our rotation falters and Ogando, Strop and Scheppers step up3) Hamilton and Cruz combine for 80 HRs.
x-Texas 88 - 74LAA - 84 - 78Oakland - 83 - 79Seattle 68 - 94
1.) MY gets injured playing 2B.2.) Matt Treanor is the PTBNL in the Whittleman trade after Lowe is a disaster and a roster spot is opened up.3.) Harrison is solid with an ERA around 4.05.
Here's how the wonderful minds at ESPN picked the West.
43 total votes
Rangers - 28A's - 10Halos - 5Mariners - 0
I'm honestly surprised that more people aren't picking the A's. Then again, this is ESPN, so I don't rely too heavily on what they have to say.
Texas 87-75Oakland 84-78Angels 78-84Seattle 69-93
Rangers pick up a #2/#3 type rotation guy at the break (like John Burkett in 1996.)Rangers get swept by Red Sox in the ALDSNelson Cruz wins AL MVPWebb is a non-factor.Harrison does better than we expect.Holland continues to frustrate us but has a decent season.Beltre shines and becomes huge fan favorite.Young IS NOT traded. He is ours forever (or until we release him and eat his contract in 2013.)
Texas (92-70)Oakland (89-73)LAA (83-79)Seattle (68-94)
1.) Nelson Cruz will post MVP-caliber numbers 2.) Despite not being an every-day player, Mike Napoli will hit 25+HR's 3.) C.J. Wilson will fall off a little from last year, but Colby Lewis will repeat from last year and Derek Holland will finally start to show consistency and prove to be a viable #3 starter
Rangers will win 85 and come in 2nd, but it will be close all season - that's my gut feeling. But honestly, I find it hard to judge this team, since so many of their players are young and unproven. I'm happy though - young & exciting is usually fun baseball to watch.
(X) Texas 95-67(Y)Oakland 91-71Angels 79-83Seatle 62-100
1. Lewis wins 18 games2. Nelson Cruz will hit 40+ HRs with a .320 avg and 120 Rbis3. JD trades for Zack Greinkie after the Brewers fall out of the race4. Adrian Beltre hits .340 with 100+ Rbis 30+ HR5. Rangers have the best offense in the league and score 1000+ runs6. Engel Beltre comes up after Borbon struggles and hits .280/.340/.4257. CJ beats Cliff Lee in the WS 5-3 and the Rangers win it all in 6
Texas 94-68Oakland 88-74Seattle 75-87Angels 75-87
1) Holland, Lewis & Wilson combine to win 45 games.2) Borbon steals 35 bases.3) Kinsler stays healthy and hits 25 HR's & steals 254) Napoli hits 25 HR's5) Webb comes up in mid-May and bolsters the staff, going 10-4.
No need to be gloomy on March 31st!
Oakland 88-74Texas 86-76LAA 85-77Seattle 63-99
1.) CJ takes a step back, while Colby stays steady2.) Holland wins 13 games, while Webb wins 83.) Kinsler and Cruz put up MVP type numbers but get injured along the way4.) Beltre locks down third defensivley but doesn't excel offensivley5.) Borbon once again can't hit, so Murphy gets plenty of PT
Texas - 91-71Oakland - 88-74LAA - 82-82Seattle - 70-92
1) Oakland's young pitching struggles out of the gate, but comes on strong around the allstar break, then struggles in September as they slowly fall out of first place2) Chris Carpenter leads the way as Texas moves past Oakland in the final 2 weeks of the season3) Nellie and Josh finish 1-2 in MVP voting4) CJ finishes 2nd in CY voting5) Martin Perez pitches well as a september call-up, all but solidifying a starting spot in 20126) Texas tears up interleague play with an overall record of 15-3, including wins over Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay in Philly
1. Texas 95-672. Oakland 93-693. LAA 81-814. Seattle 62-100
1. Lewis wins 20, Holland 13.2. David Murphy hits 25 hr3. Trade Perez, Scheppers, Beltre & Olt for Felix Hernandez.
1. Texas 94-682. Oakland 89-733. LAA 82-804. Seattle 72-90
* Party like it's 1999...Rangers' offense #1 in MLB with 925 runs scored* Kinsler, Cruz, Hamilton all remain free of major injury* Unforeseen circumstance opens door for return of Chris Davis, surprise of the year* Wilson, Lewis, Holland and Ogando all average around 15 wins, Webb chips in 12* Scheppers steps in to solidify pen, allowing Ogando to remain a starter* Feliz again reaches 40 saves* Texas again eliminates Yanks in ALDS and nips the Red Sox in a thrilling ALCS, 4-3* Texas-Philly in the WS, with Rangers taking it 4-2
Oakland 88-74Texas 86-76LAA 82-80Seattle 69-93
1) Harrison, Ogando, Holland, Hunter and Bush will combine for 27 L's by the ASB2) By the ASB, Ogando will still be in the rotation, will have a 4-6 win-loss record and having pitched 90 innings will blow out his arm and will be out for the season3) Feliz will finish the season with a 2.30 ERA, 41 saves in 60 innings of work
x- Texas 91-71y- Oaland 88-74L.A. 85-77M's 62-100
1. The rangers will have the best defense in baseball2. Ogando will win 14 games with a 3.90 era & throw 190 innings3. Mike Napoli will hit 28 hrs4. Derek Holland will post a 2-6 record in 11 starts with a 5.75 era before Hunter replaces him in the rotation5. Mark Lowe will be optioned to AAA before the end of April6. Matt Harriosn will start 32 games with a 14-10 record & a 3.75 era
TEX - 95LAA - 84OAK - 83SEA - 66
Old school Rangers offense returns to the midcities - 940 runs leads ALOld school Rangers defense nowhere to be found - one of top defenses in MLBCruz AL HR champ with 43Kinsler healthy all season and finishes top 6 in MVP votingOgando puts up a solid season and settles into the #3 role
I am very high on the team this season.
Rangers win West by 5-1/2 @ 92 WinsRangers snag (2) Big Arms (probably 2's) + CF'r at ASB Break
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.