What is your opinion of the A.J. Pierzynski signing?
MJH on accountability
1. This thing gets closer as season winds down.2. Rangers win division after lead falls to 3 games, maybe 23. Cliff Lee saves this fan base from imploding with a "nails" performance down the stretch. This is why he's here.4. Hamilton gets healthy just in time to get enough AB's in last week to be fully prepared for postseason.5. Rangers hit reset as 1st round starts, come out playing sharp, aggressive, and smart.6 Do they win 1st series? I'm out of predictions.
1. The Rangers cut the crap and still finish with a healthy 5+ game lead2. Cliff Lee does for us what he did for the Phillies last year in the playoffs3. Everyone is fully healthy come the ALDS4. The Rangers, in a stunning upset, defeat the Yankees in 4 after Cliff Lee beats CC in game 1 to make it possible.5. The Twins, who beat the Rays in 5 in the ALDS, beat us in 5 and go on to beat the Braves in the WS
1. The lead shrinks to 2 before a mini-hot streak puts the A's away2. Cliff Lee pitches a bit better, showing signs of his old self 3. CJ hits a wall 4. The Rangers limp into the playoffs with either Kinsler, Cruz or Hamilton out of the line-up, but Vlad is on a streak5. The Yankees dispatch the Rangers 3-1 - which is huge progress for this team.
Offseason - Lee goes to the Evil Empire, but the Rangers add a solid catcher, a profesional hitter to play part time 1B and a #3 type starting pitcher. CF remains murky. Discussion of Michael Young move to DH or 1B is tabled for a year and Vlad is brought back.
1.) Rangers lose out the rest of the way2.) Nolan Ryan punches Chuck Greenberg in the face after Greenberg accused him of using steroids.3.) Josh Hamilton's leg falls off diving for a ball in a 21-2 loss.4.) Molina runs out to center field and eats said leg.
1. The Rangers make the playoffs and world blows up simultaneously.
1. Rangers allow lead to slip down to 3 games going into Oakland, come out of that road series tied.
2. The division stays within a one game margin until October 3, the final day.
3. Texas gets big early lead in season's finale, slowly allows LAA back into game. It goes to extra innings after Wash uses his whole bullpen. He resorts to Cliff Lee for the tenth and Lee serves up another of those HRs he is prone to do in RBIA. Rangers go in order in bottom of tenth.
A's win, but there is no famous radio call. Just the sound of Washington packing his bags for NO.
1. Rangers win division by 5 games.
2. Lee loses game 1 of ALDS, but Kinsler, Cruz and Vlad have great output and he wins next outing to send Rangers to Championship Series.
3. Hamilton shines in ALCS, Borbon is a speed demon on the bases, Young makes a sensational play or two and one of the late season acquisitions goes yard twice as Rangers beat Rays in six to go to first World Series.
4. Rangers lose World Series in six to Reds. They win title in 2011.
5. Hamilton wins MVP, Neftali gets Rookie of the Year, Washington gets Manager of the Year and Vlad gets Comeback Player of the Year.
1. Rangers win west by 10
2. We win 1st round against TB in 4
3. ALCS we take in 6 against NY
4. World ends simultaneously as Hamilton ends game 5 of the WS against Phil with a walkoff HR. Because the Rangers winning the WS is the final sign of the Apocalypse.
1. Rangers never permit the A's/Angels to come any closer than 5.0 games from first place. All hand-wringing is for naught.
2. Cliff Lee dominates in Game 1 against the Yankees/Rays on the road. Some crap unfolds and the game goes to extras. After that ...
3. There is at least one dramatic bullpen implosion on the Rangers' end in the ALDS. It might be in Game 1 or it might be in Game 5, but I can't shake the feeling.
Yeah, I don't feel comfortable rendering post-ALDS predictions yet.
1. Rangers say "I'm your Huckleberry" win the West by 7 games2. Cliff Lee says "Tell Cowherd I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me" defeats Yankees in game 1.3. Wilson says "you gonna hit me, or you just gonna stand there and bleed?" defeats Yankees in game 2.4. Lewis pitches great in game 3 but a desperate Yankees team comes back in the 8th and 9th to win.5.Cliff Lee puts the nail in the coffin IN ARLINGTON, saying "I think the strain was more than they could bear"
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.